So things were going as swimmingly as could be expected with my Algebra 2 classes. My flipped class without Khan went pretty well. The flipped class with Khan was a different story. I had tried a couple problems in the section for the day on Khan, but not the whole thing. The exercise was so incredibly difficult I didn't have the heart to give it to them. So, I gave them the worksheet from my other classes. That was difficult enough. I actually made it more difficult to give them practice with Algebra concepts (multiplying variables, monomials, binomials, etc). They do not remember what little they learned of that in Algebra 1.
So...I will always try the sections of Khan from now on...
I had a girl complain that she didn't like the "flipped" format today. She wanted to switch to a different section. Another girl told her to watch the videos a couple of times and take notes while doing it and she wouldn't be having so many problems. She hadn't watched the videos at all and was really struggling.
I saw many students helping each other, sometimes with varying degrees of success, but they were all busy in the classes. I was very pleased with them. I started my flipped classes with a little refresher on the video after our quiz and then went straight to the worksheet. I had 6 students come in for help during seminar. They were very motivated to get the concepts understood and the worksheet completed.
No comments:
Post a Comment