Monday, August 27, 2012

8/27/12 - Day 1

Today is the big day!  After a pre-test, a short lesson and a few minor computer issues and a short lesson, the class is busily working away with Khan Academy.  I notice that I am able to help individual students with their individual questions.  Since this is the first day, lots of students are completing early, so I'm having them go to a more advanced level of the same type of problem.  The Khan Academy class report lets me view how students are doing with their problems.  Additionally, I am having students keep a class notebook of every problem they've solved.  The notebooks stay in my room so they have them every day.  Today we did the exercises "Evaluating Expressions in One Variable" and "Evaluating Expressions in Two Variables".  I am getting better at reading the info from Khan Academy and helping students see when they are ready to progress. The information available to me is very detailed and I can see that students are already starting to spread out in terms of how fast they are learning.  This will lead to a master learning type environment.  I better get prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment