Friday, May 24, 2013

Flipping Mastery with Moodle, ExamView and Weebly

Ok, so this summer I am trying to create dynamic mastery quizzes.  I have access to ExamView 7.5, Moodle and a Weebly site under construction.  I have a few very small test banks, but none for my course texts that my computer can open and need to figure this whole thing out soon.  There is so much information out there, but not really all in one place.  Ideally, my vision is that the various lesson pages on my Weebly site would each link to a dynamic (ie. different for each student) Moodle test.  I would like my chapter tests to be online via Moodle as well and also be dynamic.  I would like to figure out how to create my own questions so that when we go to common assessments, my tests are common with the rest of my department. 

This is a big chore and I am trying to at least figure out the basics in the next week or so.  I have figured out how to import test banks into ExamView, but still have a long way to go with even doing anything in Moodle.  Why can't this all be seamless and easy to do.  Thankfully I am not put off with all the coding necessary, but it is time-consuming.  Does anyone have any brilliant ideas out there?

1 comment:

  1. Heather: how have you progressed with creating quizzes using Moodle?
    I have just started flipping a math class. Currently all my master checks are paper and pen and I would like to make mastery checks using Moodle.
    It appears to me that Moodle does not support dynamic Examview questions.
    I think that within Examview we have to create a large bank of static questions out of a smaller bank of dynamic questions, then import these into Moodle. Please correct me/inform me on this.
    Greg

    ReplyDelete